Contributed by Ledesma L. Morante, PSA-Bataan
PILAR, Bataan – The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) Bataan Provincial Statistical Office in coordination with the Department of Education (DepEd) Schools Division Office of Bataan conducted a series of research paper presentations in celebration of the 28th National Statistics Month (NSM) held at PSA Bataan Training Room, Bataan Government Center, Pilar, Bataan last October 17 and 26.
For the 28th NSM, PSA organized exhibits, lectures and research paper presentations in October 2017, in the fields of a) demographics and agriculture, b) labor and employment, c) tourism, d) gender and e) disaster risk reduction and management.
The presentations are existing researches which were previously presented in local and international forum and conferences. The following DepEd Personnel invited as presenters were:
1. Gina T. Fontillas, Head Teacher, Bataan School of Fisheries presented her research entitled “Effectiveness of L1 (Filipino) and L2 (English) in Teaching the Target Language (Chinese-Mandarin) to Grade 7 Students of Bataan School of Fisheries” at PSA Bataan Training Room, Bataan Government Center, Pilar, Bataan on October 20, 2017.
2. Gemma Teresa P. Cabreros, School Prinicipal III, Pablo Roman National HS talked about motivation in her research entitled ”Motivation and Job Satisfaction of Pablo Roman National High School Teachers: Basis for Development of In-Service Training Plan” at PSA Bataan Training Room, Bataan Government Center, Pilar, Bataan on October 19, 2017.
3. Coauthors, Edwin Riel Bermillo and Hermie G. Duran Education Program Specialists II both served as presenters for their research entitled “Training and Development Program of SDO-Bataan: An Assessment” at PSA Bataan Training Room, Bataan Government Center, Pilar, Bataan on October 19, 2017.
4. Angelo R.Basilio, Principal, Alauli Elementary School shared his research entitled “Demographic Profile and Emotional Intelligence Vis-a-vis Teachers’ Organizational Commitment” at PSA Bataan Training Room, Bataan Government Center, Pilar, Bataan on October 25, 2017.
5. Jennifer G. Cruz Master Teacher, Dinalupihan Elemntary School discussed her research entitled “Improving Grade V Pupils’ Awareness on Disaster Preparedness through Modular Instruction” at Crown Royale Hotel, Balanga City, Bataan on October 26, 2017.
6. Ronaldo A. Punla, Education Program Specialist II, was the last presenter in this year’s NSM with his research “Assessment of Disaster Risk Reduction Management Program in DepEd Bataan: Basis for Sustainable and Enhancement Program” at Crown Royale Hotel, Balanga City, Bataan on October 26, 2017.
There was an open forum after every presentation, when the participants were given the venue for questions, clarifications and reactions. The highlight of every presentation was the emphasis on the use of statistics in these researches.
The NSM is aimed to: a) promote, enhance and instill nationwide awareness and appreciation of the importance and value of statistics to the different sectors of society: and b) elicit cooperation and support of the general public in upgrading the quality and standard of statistics in the country.