The Provincial Government of Bataan, through the Health Promotion Board, launched the Healthy Paaralan para sa Malusog at Matatag na KaBATAAN program on September 18, 2023, at Pilar Elementary School.
The aforementioned program was also launched simultaneously at selected schools throughout the province:
- Hermosa: Culis Elementary School
- Orani: Kaparangan Elementary School
- Samal: Gugo Elementary School
- Abucay: Capitangan Elementary School
- City of Balanga: Tanato Elementary School
- Pilar: Pilar Elementary School
- Orion: Sto. Domingo Elementary School
- Limay: PEAS Elementary School
- Morong: Nagbalayong Elementary School
- Bagac: Bagac Elementary School
- Mariveles: Lucanin Elementary School
- Dinalupihan: Dinalupihan Elementary School.
The program aims to create a healthy school environment, promote eating nutritious and healthy meals, and encourage an active lifestyle to combat lifestyle diseases among students.
In his speech, Gov. Jose Enrique S. Garcia III emphasized the significance of this program in promoting a healthy lifestyle among the students during their early childhood development.
Furthermore, Gov. Garcia highlighted the implementation of the Tobacco Free Generation initiative among youths to deter them from experimenting with smoking or vaping.
Among those present at the event were Mayor Charlie Pizarro, Vice Mayor Ces Garcia, Cong. Jett Nisay, representatives from the Department of Education (DepED) Bataan led by Dr. Carolina S. Violeta, Tobacco Free Generation International (TFGi) led by Dr. Koong Heng Nung, Dra. Rosanna Buccahan, Dr. Bong Galicia, Dr. Lourdes Evangelista, and Dr. Tony Leachon.