BALANGA City- Bataan Bishop Ruperto C. Santos on Tuesday appealed to parishioners in 11 towns and one city in the province for monetary contributions to assist earthquake-stricken areas in the Visayas.
“The Diocese of Balanga will help the Archdiocese of Cebu and the Dioceses of Tagbilaran and Talibon in Bohol. We are one with them in this time of destruction and death,” the prelate said.
Bohol and Cebu were hard hit Tuesday by a 7.2 intensity earthquake. Centuries-old churches which are considered as national treasures collapsed.
More than 100 persons have so far been reported to have died but more are reportedly below rubbles.
“We pray for the safety of all, moral strength of surviving victims and families and eternal rest of those beloved departed,” Santos said.
He advised everyone not to lose faith in God. “We hold to God, trust his guidance and protection,” the bishop of the Diocese of Balanga said.