The program according to Col. Tuliao aims to influence the community to become healthy and that thru the challenge they will encourage the people to lessen alcohol intake, stop smoking, observe a healthier lifestyle and avoid drugs, reinforcing the “Healthy People Wealthy Nation” advocacy.
The Program, Tuliao added will also serve as a fund raising activity to produce gym equipment for the community to remain physically fit without having to pay for gym facilities. Out of the collected registration fees, half of this will be used for the cash prizes while the other half will be for the gym equipment.
The Challenge will last for 45 days, according to P/Lt. Col. Richard Santiago Jr. of the organizing committee. Participants will be asked to get their weight before and after the challenge and the contest winner will be, ” the Biggest Lossers” in two categories, one from the uniformed personnel and the other from the civilian category.
To interested participants here are the requirements of the challenge:
1) active uniformed personnel assigned in Bataan
2) 49 years of age and below – those 50 years and above who are interested to join the challenge should sign a waiver
3) currently overweight/obese from the given BMI measurement
4) must be willing to undergo wellness assessment, to be examined by a doctor before and after the contest and
5) must pay the registration fee of P200.