banner

Orica Phil. plays major role in Bataan economy

Written by
  • Mar T. S.
  • 8 years ago

Speaking during Monday night’s Motorcycle Riding Course graduation held inside Camp Tolentino, Col. Atienza expressed thanks to Mr. Rana for their continued support to the policemen in Bataan.

For his part, Rana also assured Gov. Abet S. Garcia, that Orica will provide support to the province of Bataan anytime, an offer appreciated by the Governor.

 “Sabihan lang ninyo kami Gov kung ano ang pwede naming itulong at isuporta sa Kapitolyo at sa Bataan,” Rana told the Governor as they exchanged pleasantries during the graduation rites.

Established in 1969 as Philippine Explosives Corporation, the company is a joint venture between ICI Plc and domestic shareholders. In July 1998, ICI sold its shares to ICI Australia Operations Pte Ltd., which necessitated the change in corporate name to Orica Explosives Philippines Inc. Orica Australia Ltd., currently owns 90% shares with the remaining 10% retained by local shareholders.

As further stated in its website, it currently holds over 85% of the domestic market while 48% of its P699M annual sales is exported to Asia Pacific including the Australian market. Orica Explosives Philippines is the sole manufacturer of ISO 9002 certified explosives and initiating explosive products in the Philippines. It produces and supplies a full range of products from packaged emulsion explosives to Excel non-electric detonators, Cordtex detonating cord, Safety Fuse, and Anzomex boosters.

Article Tags:
·
Article Categories:
Business

Comments are closed.

Shares