banner

More than half of FAB total workforce regularized

Written by
  • Greg R.
  • 3 years ago

More than half of the total workforce of the Freeport Area of Bataan (FAB) are now regular employees, according to the Freeport’s corporate affairs department.

In its recent statement, the Authority of the Freeport Area of Bataan (AFAB) said that out of the total 44,297 workers in the FAB, 57.51% or 25,476 workers are already classified as regular employees.
This represents a whopping 145% compared to only 10,410 regularized workers in 2016.

Engr. Emmanuel D. Pineda, chairman/administrator of AFAB, said the authority strives hard to foster a community where industrial harmony and morality are being observed.
“One way of doing this is through the promotion of workers regularization,” Pineda said.
Of the total FAB workforce of 44,297, about 74% or approximately 33,000 workers are from the province of Bataan and the other 26% are from other regions as far as Visayas and Mindanao.

Article Tags:
·
Article Categories:
Business · News

Comments are closed.

Shares