German Ambassador to the Philippines Anke Reiffenstuel, Bataan Governor Albert S. Garcia and Dinalupihan Mayor Maria Angela “Gila” Garcia on Friday graced the project launch and press conference of the flood-proofing of Jose Payumo Memorial District Hospital located in Dinalupihan, Bataan.
After the successful launching of a flood-protection project for the Philippine General Hospital (PGH) in Manila last December 2, 2020, the German Government, in cooperation with Flood Control Asia RS Corporation has identified the second hospital that will receive a German grant to protect it from flooding.
German Engineer and Philippine resident Dr. Andreas “Andi” Klippe, President and Chief Executive Officer of Flood Control Asia RS Corp, identified Jose C. Payumo Memorial District Hospital (JCPMDH) in Dinalupihan, Bataan as the next recipient of the German grant. Dr. Klippe added that the grant is part of a donation package intended to protect two COVID referral hospitals in the Philippines from flooding.
The selection process for the two COVID referral hospitals involved intensive studies on their flooding conditions where the delivery of basic health services is severely hampered as the result of floods. PGH and JCPMDH both passed the strict selection criteria set forth by RS Engineers.
Engr. Enrico Yuzon, Provincial Engineer of Bataan disclosed that, during heavy rainfall, the hospital’s surrounding area is being submerged to an average of 1.5 meters of flood waters, inside the buildings 0.5 meters of water makes it virtually impossible for doctors and hospital staff to effectively care for their patients, especially those requiring critical treatment.
JCPMDH, located in Brgy. San Ramon in Dinalupihan town is a 70-bed hospital designated for COVID treatment. It has also been recently designated as an HIV- treatment facility.
Dr. Klippe said that the German Ambassador to the Philippines Anke Reiffentuel and Bataan Governor Albert S. Garcia are expected to grace the project launch and press conference. Other local officials of Bataan Province are also expected to attend.
Governor Garcia expressed his gratitude to the German Government for the grant, saying that this will indeed make JCPMDH doubly efficient and responsive to the health care needs of the Bataeños as it will soon be free from perennial flooding.
About 80% of the financial grant will be donated by the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany while the remaining 20% will be shouldered by Flood Control Asia RS Corp.
Meanwhile, Detailed Engineering Assessment had already been completed for the Philippine General Hospital in the late part of December last year. Preparation of the required flood barriers is now underway at the RS Production Plant and will be installed soon.
Flood Control Asia RS Corp. is a Filipino-German flood protection company based in Clark Freeport Zone in Pampanga. It is dedicated to the control of flooding for vital government installations, factories, hospitals, business establishments, and residences.
- Dinalupihan’s vision to be a model agropolis in Central Luzon, now underway - February 26, 2021
- Subic Freeport ready for COVID-19 vaccine rollout - February 25, 2021
- St. John Paul II Shrine pormal na binuksan sa Hermosa - February 23, 2021