Bataan Peninsula State University (BPSU) held the investiture rites for its 1st woman and 3rd University president, Dr. Ruby B. Santos-Matibag, yesterday, July 31, 2023, at the Bataan People’s Center.
In her speech, Dr. Matibag emphasized the importance of the investiture as a ceremony of dignity and a time to celebrate the University’s past, present, and future. She expressed her gratitude to the people who have been with her, especially 2nd District Congressman Albert S. Garcia.
Dr. Matibag also shared her achievements, which include:
- Fostering academic excellence through high licensure examination passing rates, opening of new courses, and expanding old course programs across campuses. Additionally, the BPSU College of Medicine is set to open by S.Y. 2023-2024.
- Enhancing scientific productivity through research conferences, funding of research projects, and research collaborations with LGUs.
- Streamlining administrative processes by sustaining ISO standard quality management, appointing new officials for key positions, prioritizing employees’ well-being, and creating 135 plantilla items for non-teaching employees and 35 plantilla items for teaching employees across campuses. Also, 73 job order and casual employees were promoted to regular plantilla positions.
- Modernizing the campus environment.
- Reviving revenue-generating initiatives.
The investiture rites are among the oldest traditions in academia, reaffirming the president’s commitment to advancing the university’s mission, promoting academic excellence, and ensuring the progress and prosperity of its students, faculty, and staff.
Present at the said event were CHEDRO III OIC Ms. Lora Y. Yusi, CHED Commissioner Dr. Ronald L. Adamat, Vice Governor Cris Garcia and Cong. Abet S. Garcia.