OWWA invites OFW dependents in Central Luzon to apply to their college scholarship

Written by
  • Mar T. S.
  • 8 years ago

 BALANGA CITY- Aside from the scholarship program of the Provincial government, the Overseas  Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) in the Region also invites dependents of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) in Central Luzon to apply to their college scholarship program.

“OFW Dependent Scholarship Program is open to those whose relatives are active OWWA members and receive a monthly salary of not more than US$400,” OWWA Regional Information Officer Freya Palad told newsmen.

  In A press briefing the other day, Gov Abet Garcia assured that they will  continue to sponsor the scholarship of the poor but deserving students even without PDAF.

The grantee must take any four or five-year baccalaureate degree or associate degree in any Commission on Higher Education-accredited institution within Central Luzon.

“A qualifying exam shall be administered by us wherein the top 12 examinees per province shall be conferred with the endowment which amounts to P20, 000 per school year,” Palad added.

Those who are interested and qualified are advised to submit the following to the OWWA Regional Office on or beforeMay 10: accomplished application form, two 2×2 pictures (studio shot and white background), proof of relationship to OWWA member (For those who are children of OFWs: birth certificate of applicant. For those who are dependents of single OFWs: birth certificate of both the single OFW and the applicant-dependent and certificate of no marriage of OFW that is duly certified by the local civil registrar or Philippine Statistics Authority), proof of OWWA membership and Form 137 or high school report card.

For more information, please contact (045) 860-6029, 861-0931,09282171472, 09333410573,09174379429 or 09175100098. 

Article Tags:
Article Categories:

Comments are closed.