The Overseas Workers and Welfare Administration in the region is now accepting applications for the Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP) and Congressional Migrant Workers Scholarship Program (CMWSP) for school year 2015-2016.
The EDSP is a scholarship grant offered to qualified beneficiaries/dependents of active OWWA members who intend to enroll in any four or five-year course. A qualifying exam determines eligibility for the scholarship wherein top 200 examiners are selected.
The CMWSP, on the other hand, is another baccalaureate scholarship program mandated by RA 10022 and is funded by the PCSO. The program shall benefit deserving migrant workers and/or their dependents who intend to pursue courses primarily in the field of science and technology as identified by the DOST.
In a statement, OWWA said Dependents/beneficiaries who wish to apply for the scholarship shall submit the following to the regional welfare office:
• Accomplished application form (http://www.scribd.com/doc/149860758/EDSP)
• Health certificate (Form A)
• Certificate of Good Moral Character (Form B)
• Certification that the applicant belongs to the upper 20% of the graduating class (Form C)
• Applicant’s certification (Form D)
• Parent’s certification that the applicant has no pending application for resident immigrant status and no dual citizenship (Form E)
• Two copies 2×2 pictures (studio shot / white background)
• Proof of relationship to OWWA member (Birth certificate of applicant or birth certificate of both the single OFW and the applicant-dependent and certificate of no marriage duly certified by the Local Civil Registrar or NSO, if OFW is single)
• Proof of OWWA membership
• Form 137 / High school report card
The OWWA scholarship programs offer financial assistance amounting to Php 60,000 per school year. Tuition fees shall be paid directly to the school, while the remaining amount shall be released to the scholar upon submission of the grades for the semester. Any amount exceeding Php 60,000 shall be paid by the scholar.
OFWs and OFW dependents may visit or call the regional welfare office for more information on OWWA’s programs and services.
OWWA REGIONAL WELFARE OFFICE 3
4F ASCORP Bldg., McArthur Hi-way,
Dolores, City of San Fernando, Pampanga
E-mail address: email@example.com
Facebook Account: OWWA Central Luzon
(045) 860 6029 (045)861 0931
0928 217 1472 0933 341 0573
0917 437 9429 0917 510 0098