banner

Abucay Catholic Church

Written by
  • 1 Bataan .
  • 8 years ago

 The present church was badly damage by the earthquake of September 16, 1852.  One of the earliest printing presses in the Philippines was operated in this town as early as 1610 where Father Jose Blancas de San Jose and Juan Vera taught Tomas Pinpin the rigors of writing and printing. This is also the seat of the Partido de Bataan until Balanga became the town and seat of government. The bells donated in 1839/1859 are still housed in this church.

Source:
https://sites.google.com/a/bataan.gov.ph/tourism/historical-landmarks/1st-abucay-catholic-church

Article Tags:
·
Article Categories:
Landmarks

Comments are closed.

Shares