No election hotspot in Bataan – COMELEC

BALANGA CITY, Bataan – The Commission on Elections provincial office in Balanga City on Monday announced that it was ready for the week-long filing of certificates of candidacy and that there is no election hotspot in Bataan.

“Handang –handa na ang Comelec sa Bataan. Marami kaming ginawang meeting bilang paghahanda kasama ang mga kasapi ng Philippine National Police at Armed Forces of the Philippines na magbibigay seguridad sa mga kandidato at mga tao,” said Lawyer Gilbert Almario, provincial election supervisor.

He said that usually, candidates do not advise them of their schedules of filing COC but he assured that the provincial and municipal offices of the poll body are open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and prepared to accept the filing of COC every day from October 12 – 16.

He said that as of Monday, no candidate has filed COC in the provincial office. Filing in the provincial office of Comelec are candidates running for congressman, governor, vice-governor and provincial board members.

On the issue of election hotspot, Almario said in his meeting last week with the PNP and AFP, there was no recorded hotspot based on the 2013 elections. He said that Bataan is peaceful and expressed the hope that it will remain such until the election period.

On the registration of voters, the election supervisor said it was going on smoothly. He reminded, however, that registration is suspended from October 12 – 16 and to resume October 17 – 31, 2015.